Catching a cold is never a fun thing to do. Most of the time when I see a cold, I try to run the other way as fast as possible. Unfortunately, for me the cold always catches up and I am stuck with an annoying cough and more congestion than I know what to do with. An old family recipe has always helped me take the edge off of these very uncomfortable symptoms and I would like to share it with the world. I do have to warn you though, it is not the best tasting tool in my arsenal but it is definitely one of the best.
In this recipe you will be using:
- Ginger- relieves symptoms of colds, the flu, and dyspepsia, loss of appetite, fever, and coughs. It is an antiviral and anti-inflammatory compound.
- Black Pepper- which has anti-carcinogenic & antioxidant properties. Helps alleviate earache, chest congestion, colds, and sore throat.
- Honey- which is antimicrobial, anti-fungal, antiviral and an antioxidant. It soothes colds and sore throats.
- 2 Slices fresh Ginger Root
- ¼ – ½ tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper (add up to ½ tsp. depending on taste)
- 1 T. or Honey
- 1 C. Boiling Hot Water
- In a mug, steep ginger in boiling water for around 5 minutes or until desired strength.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and honey to the mug.
- Stir and drink.
To break up congestion and relieve cough quickly, drink this concoction two to three times per day. Although it won’t win the best tasting award, it is sure to get you up and running fast. Always try to use fresh ingredients with no added fillers to ensure your healing time.