Waking up in the morning to the smell of brewing coffee is always a treat. You know you are going to start your day off with your caffeine boost. So, what would you say if I tell you that your skin can wake up to that very same treat? No, I don’t mean pouring the pot of coffee down your back!
Creating your own Coffee Cinnamon body scrub is super simple and it smells delightful. The caffeine in this scrub lifts and firms the skin and surprisingly reduces the appearance of cellulite. Now, don’t get me wrong. This is in no way a permanent fix to cellulite. The caffeine in this scrub only reduces the appearance of cellulite not gets rid of it; wishful thinking right?
- 1 T. Coffee (Fresh ground Organic is best but any will do)
- 1 T. Brown Sugar
- 1 T. White Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp Cloves (ground)
- 1 T. Aloe Vera Gel
- ¼ tsp Coffee ( kept aside)
- ¼ tsp Brown Sugar (kept aside)
- ¼ tsp White Sugar (kept aside)
- Combine 1 T. Coffee, 1 T. Brown Sugar, 1 T. White Sugar, Cinnamon and Cloves together until mixture is uniform.
- Mix in the Aloe Vera Gel.
- Add other dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to your container or use right away!
This recipe makes enough for one use and it is great for gifting. Put the scrub in a small container with a ribbon tied around it and voilà! For added moisture add ¼ tsp of olive, jojoba, almond or grape seed oil to your mixture right before you add the extra dry ingredients. Make sure you don’t add too much.
I love this scrub because it exfoliates, tightens, and smells awesome with no essential oils needed.